Tell us what you think about! Send comments or suggestions to

Other Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Reporting a Crime

Can I file a police report online?

Yes. The City of Tacoma has an online site for filing a limited number of incident report types. This online system can be used to report lost property (excluding guns, passports, military ID, etc.), vandalism and stolen property/theft (excluding vehicles, guns and license plates).

This site is currently able to capture reports that have no suspects or evidence left by the suspect at the scene.

This site is not to be used to report emergencies or in-progress crimes.

Online Crime and Lost Property Reporting Form

How can I check the status of my case online?

In order to check the status of your case online, you must have the case number. Check the Status of my Case Online

How can I obtain a copy of a police report?


You can contact the Law Enforcement Support Agency at 253-798-7441.

Office location:

    930 Tacoma Avenue South
    Room 239
    Tacoma, WA 98402

Can I leave an anonymous tip or information for the Tacoma Police Department?


  • You can call CrimeStoppers at 253-591-5959.
  • If the information is narcotics related, you can call
  • You can also leave an anonymous tip online using the Anonymous Online Tip Form | Copyright @ 2013 | About | Contact | Site Map